Each week I list three things that have not gone so well that week, three things I want to focus on improving next week, and ending the post with three things I’ve done really well. The reason it’s in this order is because you should always end on a positive!
It’s not about telling yourself off, or criticising, it’s about self improvement and recognising the skills and good things about us which we always ignore. Yes it starts by looking at what wasn’t too good, but this is so you can reflect on why these may have gone wrong and then look at how to avoid this next week- we learn from our mistakes!
The linky is to keep me and you guys motivated- thanks to Life, Literature, Laughs and Love for joining in last week.
If you don’t have time to write a post like this, feel free to link up with a post you’ve written this week showing happy parenting times or achievements!
3 Things That Were Not So Good This Week
- Being given wrong dosage of tablets to take by my doctor, resulting in me being in IMMENSE pain for the last week due to my body having to deal with the effects of the overdose.
- Allowing myself to think about some of the harder things in my past which resulted in upsetting me.
- Shouting at Chunk occasionally during his tantrums rather than keeping my cool.
3 Things I Want To Focus On Next Week
- Getting my healthy eating on track.
- Carrying on finding fun things for me and Chunk to do as he is getting very hyper at the moment, such as planning more arts and crafts.
- Avoiding shouting and keeping my voice low and firm.
3 Things I’ve Done WELL This Week
- I have continued to reduce the amount of times I threaten to use time out, instead using it in my head as you are supposed to.
- Persevering with Chunk’s martial arts has resulted in this week him participating for most of the class which was the first time ever!
- I have taken Chunk to his first girly party and to the cinema for the first time, so I am broadening our activities.