#My3Things Positive Parenting Motivator: Week 18
After a few weeks break (things have been hectic to say the least!) My 3 Things is now back!
#My3Things is my way to try to value myself and my parenting a bit more, so I’ve created this and a linky for other bloggers to join in with too.
Each week I list three things that have not gone so well that week, three things I want to focus on improving next week, and ending the post with three things I’ve done really well. The reason it’s in this order is because you should always end on a positive!
It’s not about telling yourself off, or criticising, it’s about self improvement and recognising the skills and good things about us which we always ignore. Yes it starts by looking at what wasn’t too good, but this is so you can reflect on why these may have gone wrong and then look at how to avoid this next week- we learn from our mistakes!
The linky is to keep me and you guys motivated- thanks to all those who joined in last week and hope to see you again this week!
If you don’t have time to write a post like this, feel free to link up with a post you’ve written this week showing happy parenting times or achievements!
3 Things That Were Not So Good This Week
- I’ve had my fourth stomach bug in two months, which has been very painful and debilitating. I’m now having tests to try to work out what is going on.
- The next piece of work I had lined up for January has fallen through, so whilst it’s nice to finally have some time off (not had any since start of the year), I can’t help feeling a bit worried that I may not find any for a while!
- I I was given my son’s heart operation date yesterday, so it’s finally all become real.
3 Things I Want To Focus On Next Week
- Spring cleaning my home to help keep my mind off things and to start the new year as I mean to go on!
- Making a plan of how I can fit exercise into my week (especially when I have some work) to avoid me making excuses.
- Enjoying Christmas with my loved ones as much as possible!
3 Things I’ve Done WELL This Week
- I realised my drop in medication for my anxiety wasn’t working well, so I took a brave step at going back up to 20mg and have felt a lot calmer again.
- I have managed to sort out all Christmas presents, wrapped them and even written cards for Chunk’s nursery friends so it’s all done!
- I have donated some of our food to a local homeless shelter for Christmas, and I’ve donated a lot of Chunk’s toys to a charity shop- I hope you are all doing the same!
Now it’s your turn…