Are you feeling that Christmas vibe yet? If, like me, you’ve been way too busy trying to get things done to make sure your child is getting into the festive spirit, I’ve found an activity you can do with the kids which may help you get in the mood too.
My son has a Christmas box that I pull out at the start of every December and it tends to contain things we have collected over the years. This includes festive films, stories and crafts. We have a book I managed to get from a car boot (Usborne Big Book of Christmas Things To Make and Do) which includes crafts and recipes.
My boy has been going through it for a couple of days and came across an easy recipe to create a Christmas tree out of cupcakes (see our creation below or on my Instagram). They were really easy to do, and quite fun, so I thought I would share the recipe in case anybody has a rainy day with moany, bored children..
Christmas Tree Cakes
(from Usborne Big Book of Christmas Things to Make and do)
100g Self Raising Flour
2 Medium Eggs
100g Caster Sugar
15 paper cake cases
175g Icing Sugar
2 tsp Lemon Juice or few drops of Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat over to 190 degrees / gas mark 5
2. Put eggs, flour, margarine and sugar into a bowl and stir until smooth and creamy
3. Put paper cases onto a baking tray and fill them halfway with mixture
4. Bake for 20 minutes
5. For the icing, put the butter and icing sugar into a bowl and stir with a fork until creamy
6. Add the lemon juice or vanilla essence to the mixture. If mixture is too thick add a little more.
7. Spread icing over the cooled cakes.
8. Add small sweets as Christmas decorations and a flaky chocolate as the tree stump
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.