#My3Things: Positive Parenting Motivator Week 14
As you know #My3Things is my way to try to value myself and my parenting a bit more, so I’ve created this and a linky for other bloggers to join in with too.
Each week I list three things that have not gone so well that week, three things I want to focus on improving next week, and ending the post with three things I’ve done really well. The reason it’s in this order is because you should always end on a positive!
It’s not about telling yourself off, or criticising, it’s about self improvement and recognising the skills and good things about us which we always ignore. Yes it starts by looking at what wasn’t too good, but this is so you can reflect on why these may have gone wrong and then look at how to avoid this next week- we learn from our mistakes!
The linky is to keep me and you guys motivated- thanks to all those who joined in last week and hope to see you again this week!
If you don’t have time to write a post like this, feel free to link up with a post you’ve written this week showing happy parenting times or achievements!
3 Things That Were Not So Good This Week
- My snacking has been a bit pants, possibly due to anxiety of the work I’m doing for court at the moment.
- Chunk has been refusing naps despite being shattered so our afternoons have been a bit challenging to say the least!
- Chunk has a new thing of telling me “it’s not fair!” whilst pouting and crossing his arms, and has started screaming at me when he’s not happy like a teenager. I dread to think what he will be like when he turns 3!
3 Things I Want To Focus On Next Week
- Focussing on the now rather than the past and future, so I can enjoy moments such as playing with Chunk.
- Getting my work done and finding time slots to get this done during a half term without any childcare.
- Starting to plan for my upcoming 30th birthday and Xmas, because I’ve still not done this!
3 Things I’ve Done WELL This Week
- I have helped to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support by baking with Chunk!
- I have begun to challenge some of the anxious/negative thoughts I have been having, which has resulted in them going away and being sorted out quickly, which is a huge milestone for me.
- I have started to think of things we can do in the half term to help tire him out!