DIY/ Upcycling: Sink Storage Unit
When I got home one evening this week I noticed someone had left an under the sink storage unit next to the communal bin, so I saw a prime opportunity to do some more upcycling!
It was a light wood colour, but also had a green tinge, so it was definitely in need of a makeover. I chose to use Rustoleum’s Antique White Chalk Paint as I’m planning to repaint my bathroom tiles white (a future post in the making!) and used some wallpaper samples to decorate it.
|Before, During and After|
1. Wipe clean the unit and if there are any bobbles or lumps, sand them down.
2. Apply the chalk paint, wait for it to dry and add another coat if needed.
3. Cut out the wallpaper you want to use and then stick it to the furniture using PVA. I also cut out some individual pieces to stick on the top of the unit.
4. Apply a thin layer of PVA over the top of the wallpaper pieces and push out any air bubbles with the brush.
5. Apply Rustoleum Clear Sealer to the entire unit and leave to dry.
|I love my upcycled sink unit!|
The Rustoleum products were provided as part of a review. No payment was received and all opinions are honest and my own.